The Conference will take place over two days. Running in parallel over both days will be the AGSM Gas Safety Management Exhibition 2016 featuring suppliers to the industry and other important relevant organisations.
Monday 11th April 2016
– Afternoon Golf Competition at the Hinckley Golf Club
– Pre-Conference Drinks Reception
Tuesday 12th April 2016
– Conference including the National AGSM Gas Forum
– AGSM Gas Safety Awards Dinner with drinks reception.
The Awards recognise the achievement of individuals and organisations in gas safety
Wednesday 13th April 2016
Speakers and topics
Day 1 – Tuesday 12th April 2016
- Thinking of bringing your service & maintenance in-house? Hear how Wrekin Housing successfully delivered the project. Fleur Whittingham, Wrekin Housing Trust & AGSM Supplier Excellence Awards winner 2015
- A new District Heating Approach – The “Remourban” Project. Paul Ruston, Head of Legislative & Safety Compliance, Nottingham City Homes
- The National AGSM Gas Forum
- A new direction and what it means for gas boiler customers. Martyn Bridges, Chair of OFTEC & Chair of the boiler manufacturers group of the HHIC
- The Housing Agenda and Compliance. Yvonne Buckland
- What Landlords need to know about the Smart Meter rollout. Paul Abreu, ENA Business Lead Smart Meter Programme
- Managing Document Compliance. Kevin Winship, Technical Safety Manager, CORGI Technical Services
- Biomass in social housing. Charlie Lamb, Sales Director, Windhager UK
With the continuation of the RHI now confirmed until 2021, RSL’s can take advantage of the scheme’s financial rewards whilst delivering lower heating costs to clients and reduce carbon emissions.
- Managing Asbestos Safety. Matt Helks, Director, PCS Asbestos Consultants Limited
- A view from the sharp end – getting the best out of your contractors. Steve Bratt, CEO of the ECA & Chairman of the AGSM
- Electrical Safety of counterfeit & non-compliant products. Keith Smith, Deputy Director BEAMA Installations
- The AGSM Phenomena. Kim Morris, Head of Training & Membership, CORGI Technical Services
- Budget cuts – could this be an opportunity? Dave Bilclough, Operations Manager, Places for People.
The introduction of a £12 billion reduction in the welfare budget has brought about many challenges for the housing sector. Gas safety still needs delivering, on time and on budget. Is it time to diversify? Hear how Places for People who own 60,000 homes and manage another 80,000 homes are adapting to the changes.
- Investigating Reports of Carbon Monoxide – latest details. Chris Jones, CORGI Technical Services
- Legionella Risk Assessment. Chris Brobin, Group Heating Manager, Greensquare Group
Day 2 – Wednesday 13th April 2016
- Welcome and Introduction. Claire Heyes, CEO of CORGI Technical Services and the AGSM
- A changing world for housing providers – would your compliance stand up to an HCA’s In-Depth Assessment? Ian Thomson, Executive Director Assets and Investment at Johnnie Johnson Housing Trust
- A little bravery and generosity can go a long way. Wayne Hemmingway MBE of Hemmingway Design
- Update from HSE on proposed changes to legislation on MOT Style Landlords Gas Safety Records. HSE & the AGSM
- The benefits that smart meter roll-out across the UK could bring to tenants. Dennis Palmer, Head of GB Smart Meter Programme Liaison, Smart Energy GB
- Fuel Poverty challenges and how we can help. Jenny Saunders OBE, CEO National Energy Action
- Professional Competent Heating Engineers – an industry-wide challenge. Richard Soper CBE, Director of Development at CIPHE & Previous CEO of Worcester Bosch
- The future of Green, Sustainable and Internet connected heating solutions across both Gas & Renewable technologies. Mark Barson, Systems Technologies Manager, Vaillant
The presentation will cover the new Vaillant Green IQ strategy and how it will apply to the future of heating technology, how Green IQ meets sustainability & recycling targets, utilises internet connectivity and pushes efficiencies to the highest levels. The session will demonstrate how all of these concepts simplify heating, make it more efficient, reducing costs of ownership, lowering tenant heating bills and making service & maintenance more manageable and cost effective
- Nudging up Compliance – Driving down Costs. The latest technology to manage your compliance and save your organisation thousands of pounds. Steven Johnson, Collaborative Change, Anna O’Halloran, O’Halloran Consultants & CORGI Technical Services
- A Strategic Framework for Sustainable Energy. Tim Pollard, Head of Sustainability for Wolseley UK
More details about the Programme content and speakers will be confirmed shortly.